Thursday, October 27, 2011

Anonymous

Eric was watching the news today and heard them mention that there would be a pre-screening tonight for the movie Anonymous. Anonymous doesn't come to theaters for another 2 days, but in Kansas City it won't come to theaters until November 4th. Eric was able to go online and get us free tickets to see the movie!

They overbooked the theater so it would be full for the screening, so we arrived early. Eric and I grabbed some Noodles and Company and then sat in line at the theater. I've never been to a pre-screening of a movie before, so I don't know what is normal, but we had some entertainment while in line!
These people were from the local Renaissance Festival. 
They juggled for us, taught an old fashioned dance that you see in the movies, and played their "role" the entire time. 
I guess I should mention that Anonymous takes place in Shakespeare's time, hence the Renaissance actors. It is a story about Shakespeare not being the actual author of all those plays, but taking the credit. I really enjoyed seeing a different perspective on Shakespeare. The movie made such a compelling argument that Eric and I walked away feeling like Anonymous was the true story behind Shakespeare. 

And in other news...

We came back from the movie to see my poor little pumpkin looking like this:
The eye was big to begin with, but not THIS big. 
I would be a little stumped on how my pumpkin got ruined, however, last week we came home from the store and discovered Eric's pumpkin looking like this:
You can't really see it, but there are teeth marks in the pumpkin. 
 And to make matters worse...it was so fresh that the juice hadn't hit the ground yet. That just made the whole scenario even worse!
 The squirrels around here are stinkers!! Maybe next Halloween we'll get some squirrel traps. Do they even make those?

2 comments:

Wendy Loumeau said...

Bummer on the pumpkins. Pretty funny. Would you recommend Anonymous then?

whitney said...

Ooo, our pumpkins got eaten to bits last year! We got some stellar pictures of the squirrels in action. They didn't even have the decency to run away!