Sunday, June 12, 2011

Easter 2011

Like I said in the last post, Audrey joined us for Easter this year. This is the 3rd year Eric and I have spent Easter together, and thanks to Audrey, we've spent it with family each year!

At the plaza the night before Easter.

Thanks to our evening at the plaza the night before, we didn't get around to Easter shopping until after 9. A lesson for all of you: there IS an endless supply of Easter baskets and Easter goodies. But rather than go to another store, we made due with our Easter BAGS. I think it will be a memorable little Easter for us!

Eric hid my Easter bag downstairs while Audrey and I hid upstairs. It was actually really great having 3 people because 1 was able to be the photographer at all times. My bag was hiding underneath clothes in the dryer.

Next up was Eric! He hid downstairs while Audrey and I hid his bag upstairs. He found it fairly fast inside of my old backpack in the 2nd bedroom closet (I still claim Eric heard the closet door open and close...).

Eric also hid Audrey's bag. So we wouldn't hear any doors or closets, Audrey and I waited outside for this one. She searched and searched and searched the ENTIRE upstairs and still didn't find her bag. After her second time around each room, Eric had to direct her to the bathroom. BEST HIDING SPOT EVER!! And now you see why Easter bags rock so much more than Easter baskets--better hiding places! Audrey looked in the shower multiple times but didn't think to look in BETWEEN the shower curtain and curtain liner. Nicely done Eric!

After church I did an Easter egg hunt for the 2 big kiddos. Let me just tell you, that was the most fun part of the day. I didn't think the eggs were that hard to find, but apparently I was wrong! It was hilarious watching them pass the spots and not see the eggs. But hey, I wasn't going to hide the eggs in obvious spots like for 3 year olds. They had to work for their goodies!

We had a grand old Easter. I'm so glad that Eric fits right in with my family. It makes for some fun times!

1 comment:

Wendy Loumeau said...

You guys are silly! Next year I bet you'll plan ahead. :)