Sunday, January 23, 2011

The End?

On Friday I planned to write a blog about how I am completely done with my training program at work. Well...that didn't quite go as planned. On Wednesday it started snowing A TON. I'm talking, it took me 2 1/2 hours to drive home from work 20 miles away (more exhausting than it sounds). My back window had more than an inch of snow covering it and my windshield wipers were freezing so bad that I was having problems seeing out the front window by the time I got home. Sounds awesome right? The good news is I got a snow day on Thursday with Eric. The not so great news is that Thursday was when I was scheduled to give my final 30 minute presentation--the last piece of my training program. So it turns out I'm not "officially" done. I'm being rescheduled most likely for the beginning of February.

Even though the presentation was delayed, I do have my permanent placement. I will be a buyer on the Technology Order Management team starting tomorrow. So for all of you who are wondering if I will ever use my Supply Chain Management major, the answer is yes--it relates. I am lucky to be staying on the team I have been working with for the last 6 weeks. Every one is super nice, and I am going to be awesome at my job :) You have no idea how glad I am to be done, basically, with training. Three months seems like a really long time, considering my longest job was 6 months. For the record, I plan on staying for longer than that!

Note to self when we own a practice: It's amazing how motivating a decent salary can be.

2 comments:

Wendy Loumeau said...

Congrats! That sounds like a good fit for you. Too bad on the presentation set back. Are you nervous?

Unknown said...

Hey I found your blog! How are things out in Kansas City? My dad said they've had some bad weather and it sounds like you experienced it. Be careful driving in all that snow and ice! It's scary!