It's true. I finally got a job. Though, it seems kind of weird to say FINALLY. I had only been looking for a few weeks.
Here's how it went:
1. Monday: I contacted our ward's employment specialist and he told me about a couple jobs at the company he works for.
2. Tuesday: I e-mailed him my resume so he could send it to the right people.
3. Friday (the following week): I interviewed for 3 hours (they like to get all the interviews done in one day).
4. Monday: I got a job offer.
5. Tuesday: I accepted the job offer.
I'm a firm believer in things happening the way they are supposed to happen. I had interviewed at other "crap" jobs and just wanted them for the sake of getting a job. This was the only job that I was actually excited about and thought would be a good fit for me. I know that we are so blessed for having this opportunity. Everything worked out so perfectly, there was no way I could have turned down the job.
Starting this Monday I will officially be working my first "big girl job." I will be working for Cerner--an IT and Healthcare company. Yes, I get an actual salary! And yes, I will be getting benefits!!
For 12 weeks I will be part of a training program. Six of those weeks will be in a classroom setting and the rest will be spent working on a company project. At the end of the training program, I will be placed based on what jobs become available along with my skills and interests. If there isn't a good match at the time, I will be put on another 5 week project and then get placed after that.
I am getting really excited about working again and making something of myself. I've had a little too much of the home these past couple months. I'm a little nervous, but I'll finally be at a job where I can use my brain. THANK GOODNESS!
As for some other changes, I dyed my hair all by myself last week. Eric was a great assistant by cleaning up my splatters :) The good news is, it looks pretty dang good. All for 5 bucks!! Gotta love being on a budget!
And in a couple of weeks Eric and I will be moving! We will be happy to say goodbye to this apartment. We like the space, but not our surroundings. No more neighbor who walks outside our window everyday to puke. No more rap music thudding below our bedroom. No more Mexican kids calling out the name Eric all the time. As much fun as all that is...it's time to move on.
3 comments:
Woot woot! Looks like everything's going your way! Oh, and I love the hair. ;) I miss you guys lots and lots!
Congrats! By the way, beware that the first six weeks will probably be horribly boring. It'll get better. The hair looks great!
MOVING ALREADY?!?! DETAILS!!!! I am so thrilled that you got that job. And your hair looks fabulous!! Post pics of the new place!
Post a Comment